Friday, June 17, 2011

Torture

I am currently torturing myself. Honestly.

At a recent conference, I swapped external hard drives with a Peace Corps friends and returned home with new TV shows and movies. One of the TV shows I received was Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”. If you’re not familiar with the show, it’s a half hour of famous chefs talking about, obviously, the best thing they ever ate.

I’m currently watching the episode about hamburgers. Oh. I want a hamburger.

Now, I’m a very lucky Peace Corps volunteer because I live in Ancash. And the capitol of Ancash is Huaraz, which is full of delicious food. On a regular basis I can eat a bagel with cream cheese, pizza, milkshakes, chicken cordon bleu, barbeque chicken, and curry.

But no hamburgers.

I should really turn this TV show off. Writing this blog entry has not been sufficiently distracting. I’m starting to feel sick due to hamburger desire.


1 comment:

CarynD said...

Have you watched the Best Thing I Ever Ate...with Bacon yet? I would recommend you find bacon before watching it.