2. The assurance that the female JAG officer will be captured at gunpoint at some point almost every episode
3. The obvious use of outside footage (favorites: clips of Saddam Hussein and Bill Clinton)
4. The military language
5. The feeling that every episode is like a season of 24
6. The absence of romantic storylines
7. The hats
8. The unexpected amount of uncaptioned Spanish
9. Because now I wish I had a ghillie suit
10. Did I mention the uniforms?
Kidnappings, missing fathers, spies, gun fights, world travel, helicopters, bad B roll, prisons, gang warfare, astronauts, implausible storylines, McGyver-esque escapes, mystery, intrigue... what more could you want from a TV show?