Monday, June 7, 2010

-3 Days

It's hard to believe I'm leaving for Peru in three days. It seems like there is a lot to do yet but I just want to spend my time with family and friends.

My flight leaves for Arlington, VA at 8:13 on Thursday. My group will have orientation in Arlinton Thursday afternoon and then we leave for Lima on Friday morning. We'll have more orientation activities for a few days and then we meet our host families on Sunday. I'm excited but nervous to see where I'll be living for the next eleven weeks. My group, of around 56 people, will have training in a city an hour outside of Lima for the first 11 weeks. During training we'll be learning about health, safety, youth developement and a lot of Spanish classes.

I'll post with updates whenever I can. Please stay in touch through comments on this blog or by e-mail (mentinke21@gmail.com).

No comments: