Friday, July 18, 2008

Some Before and After pictures...

We´re done painting!!!!!


Here are some before and after pictures from some of the painting we did at the orphanage. Overall, we painted a swing set, monkey bars, six benches, volleyball poles, two soccer goals and two see saws. It´s good to be done.




































Today I received a package in the mail from my parents that included some real Wisconsin cheese. So we´re going to treat ourselves tonight to grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, marinated cucumbers (it´s as close as we can get to pickles) and ice cream. It should be an excellent evening.

It´s hard to believe that a week from today I´ll be sitting in the Lima airport waiting to come home. I´m definitely excited and looking forward to seeing everyone again. Peru is an amazing country and if anyone is interested in coming here I will definitely be happy to serve as a tour guide! Despite all of the discouraging things that have happened (salmonella, parasites, homesickness), I´m still very happy that I´ve come on this trip. I´ve learned a lot about myself and I hope I bring all of those lessons home.

More later...

No comments: